Kaua’i Community College Marketing Director Gary Ellwood has over 25 years of experience in all facets of media production. Prior to joining community colleges, Gary traveled all over the world… Read More – The Power of Authentic Storytelling: How to Connect with Prospective Students and Build Pride
COVID 19 Crisis Communications for Colleges Webinar
Podcast March 19, 2020
With COVID-19 impacting community colleges, Interact Communications decided to put together a live webinar with crisis communications expert Scott Summerfield with SAE Communications, Interact CEO Dr. Pam Cox-Otto, and Interact president Cheryl Broom.
The presentation covered:
- Higher education and local agency communications response trends
- Crisis communications best practices that ensure the community stays informed
- Media relations tips to communicate ongoing challenges
- Internal communications tips to keep staff and faculty informed and supportive
- What’s next: From commencement cancellations to declining enrollment, what you can do now to prepare
After the initial presentation, there was about an hour of Q&A. The webinar was held at 10 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. CDT on Thursday, March 19th.
Listen to this webinar as a podcast.
Available Resources from SAE Communications
- COVID-19 Planning Outline
Created to help bring structure to organizational communications responses
- Emergency Public Information Plan Sample
Samples of the documents referenced in the presentation, along with a Table of Contents for colleges that may want to develop a full crisis communications plan as part of their overall crisis response
View the chat from the webinar here.
Join the discussion here.
Download a copy of the presentation.