By Wyatt Otto, Content Manager With TikTok growing to become the most popular platform for traditional college students (age 18-22), more colleges are joining the platform to better connect to… Read More – So Your College is on TikTok, Now What?
3 Reasons Why Your College Should Be Using YouTube
Blog January 03, 2019
After 20+ years of working exclusively in college marketing, we get it.
It’s one thing to know that YouTube is a college marketing dream, and quite another to convince skeptical trustees and administrators that it’s worth their time and money. But it is, and here’s why:
- With more than 1 billion views per day and its status as the second most used search engine in the world, YouTube has become one of the world’s leading platforms for media consumption.
2. What makes YouTube even more special is that it not only boasts an unheard of ad viewability rate of 95%*, but allows organizations to engage audiences through the content they want most: video.
3. Interact’s own proprietary Media Preferences survey, an annual survey of how community college students use social media and technology, finds that while YouTube is not the favorite social media site of any one community college demographic, it is the most used by ALL demographics.
This is why YouTube is unique among social media outlets—while age typically plays a major part in social platform preferences, YouTube’s popularity spans all age groups!
You know what else spans all age groups? Students at community colleges.
Just to give you an example of what YouTube could do for your college, here are some highlights from two of our recent campaigns:
- From August to December of 2017, a YouTube ad campaign for Oakland Community College recorded over 4,822 hours of completed viewing time, resulted in over 900K unique impressions, and drove 1,081 visits to the OCC website.
- From April to June of 2018, an Inland Empire/Desert Regional Consortium Career Education campaign resulted in 209,550 complete viewings, over 420K unique impressions, and 773 visits the website.
In the end, YouTube’s popularity, combined with the highly granular nature of its targeting algorithms and its general affordability, make it a powerful and results-driven choice for marketing departments across higher education.
Want to make YouTube work for you and your institution? Give us a call and we’ll show you how!
« New Year’s Revolutions: Fresh Ideas for Your College in 2019